I'm not quite sure what I want to say, but 2009 has already been a new year in a lot of ways. I kind of like lists, so maybe I'll share these things that way.1. My love for Temples and the truths of the Gospel have seemed to increase so much over the last weeks. I think part of that has to do with one of my dearest friends, Alisa, taking out her endowments last week. I talked with her often as she prepared for this sacred and special occasion. As I reflected on my feelings about the Temple in order to share them with Alisa, I found an increase in love for them as I realized what a companion the Temple has been to me over the last year. While we waited for the opportunity to see her again as she was doing some things indepedently first, I could hardly wait. I could hardly wait to hug her and hear from her how much she loved it. And as I waited for her in the Celestial room after the endowment was complete, it was the same feeling of urgency and excitement to see her, and be with her in such a holy and quiet place. I can't describe how much I love the Temple. I never realized the personal relationship I had developed with the spirit there and the covenants and ordinances there. It is the quietest, safest and most comfortable place I can imagine. I keep stumbling to find words to describe the love and excitement I feel about the Temple. If you haven't been lately-go! And if you haven't been at all-prepare. It is the most wonderful place.
2. I have been called as Relief Society President! It was kind of neat when I was called because I had known for months it would happen. It's amazing to me to see how the Lord really does bless us with the love and dedication and awareness we need to serve in whatever capacity He has need for us. Alisa is my first counselor, and I am so excited to serve with her now in the Temple to seek out inspiration for the girls. This will be a challenging and fun semester, which I know will increase my testimony.
3. I am taking "Eternal Marriage" as an Institute class, which has been much more difficult than I realized. But I face the challenge readily. I know there are things I need to learn fromt the content, as well has the thoughts and feelings I have as a result. It's really invited me to consider my feelings about marriage, about what has happened to mine and what I can annticipate in the future. Some of those feelings have been unpleasant, but others have been a gentle reminder that the Lord has His hand in all things. I love marriage, I trust in the covenant and principle of Eternal Marriage. Finding trust in a man to keep his covenants is another issue. But I know that I will, and I know that when I do I will have an even greater appreciation and love for him than I ever would've had, had I not been granted my experiences. Whereever he is, I love him already-because I know he will be the man the Lord needs him to be. Upstanding and worthy, loving and faithful, dedicated and true. I pray for him and his experiences, and I anxiously await our experiences together.
4. I know now more than ever that Utah is the place for me! The aforementioned man has something to do with my time out there, and I am sure of it. I was pretty sad to return to Virginia at first, but I am excited for these last months (though I sometimes try to rush their passing in order to return to Utah). I love the friendships I have developed in Nursing School. Meagan, Ashley and Ashlee are friends I plan to always have, and I am grateful that I could experience the most challenging two years with them. I feel ready to serve my ward for this last leg but also ready to leave them behind. This year has gone significantly different than anticipated, but I'm grateful for how that is allowing me to leave this place laden with meaning and memories behind.
5. Exciting things for my family this year: 2 babies and 1 wedding (so far) are expected in the months ahead. I'm excited for us to be growing!
So here's to a few more months Virginia-it's been great! And here's to the future I've really been waiting for, Utah!
(for more information about Temples and the Church click on the "The Truth" and "The Basic Truth" links on the side)
1 comment:
I'm glad you are in Utah too and I hope we can visit each other soon and we can have a temple date.
Post a Comment