Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Life and Love and the Like

I realized I haven't officially "posted" on my life since graduation. Since I have been so bad at taking pictures, there is only evidence that a couple of the stories I am going to tell are true, the rest you'll have to believe in good faith!

First: I really did make it to Utah! We made it into town on May 19th. After 3 days in my sweet truck with no AC, crappy radio (which can probably be attributed to being in the middle of NO WHERE), and no shocks. Quite the comfy cruise!

But the welcoming scenary was quite rewarding, and the treats to follow were all the more worth the long journey.



So.. a week after moving to Utah, after a week of lots of play... you might have heard that I had a little adventure in milk shake shoppe. It's true! I met Samuel! Completely worth any amount of driving in a bouncy truck without AC. He's quite the gem indeed, and things happened pretty quickly too. That being said, to my excitement.. but also disappointment... I had to leave him a week later to take a little adventure as and Island Princess!

(Second). I flew to the Virgin Islands in early June to spend a week with some of my closest friends from college (and life).

I enjoyed making my feet cozy in baths like this:

Spending tropical days and adventurous nights with friends like this:




And made some new friends:





Got some crazy sun baths:




Took this as my daily view:



Hiked to views like this:



Played on, in, and around beaches like this:



Took showers here:




Slept and took more showers here:



And now will spend the rest of my days dreaming of looking like this:





(Third) I arrived home from the Virgin Islands, I died of unbelief when my baby sister graduated from High School!!


(Fourth) I returned to Utah, and gladly found the gem of a boy as I had left him. We enjoyed one another's company for a week and then HE left for a week for family vacation. During which time I took my nursing boards and PASSED!


(Fifth) I started working as a home health/private duty nurse. And while I love the boy I work with, I realized that sitting in a dark room, at night all alone while he sleeps wasn't really fostering learning, relationships or skill development.. the job search ensued. And Samuel moved to Denver :(.


(Sixth) Since my job was so up in the air all the time, and I wasn't finding other work I spent a lot of time in Denver with Samuel, and making a few visits with my sassy Latin family. I don't have any pictures of my time in Denver, but it looked mostly like this:


Including Sam's ridiculous side burns.

So, Summer has ended. Which means Samuel and I spending all of our time taking looong drives and plane rides to see eachother has ended too. Hip hip!!

Time for some new adventures!

No comments: